Incremental overclocking can be a HUGE app booster as a well a HUGE battery saver. When your phone isn’t busy it clocks itselft down way lower than it’s normal speed, and when it needs it a cpu boost is delivered to get those applications loaded a bit quicker.
To overclock your windows mobile phone you need:
*i have no idea which phones are supported, please list phones that you try in the comments
Drag the .exe somewhere onto your phone (I put mine in the \windows\program files). That’s it!
Configuring batterstatus plus:
- Settings>Today>BatteryStatus - click options on the right hand side
- Go to the Omap tab and make sure "overclock to speed" is checked. I also check "overlcok on wakeup" and "overclock after reboot"
- go to the cpu scaler tab.
- Max=221mhz (can safely go up to 231 but i keep it there to conserve batteries)
- Boost=234mhz (can safely go up to 286 but i keep it there to conserve batteries)
I highly recommend installing batter Status Plus even if you can’t overclock your phone b/c it has a lot of other great options.